Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Circle of Life


I haven't mentioned in my blog that we lost our sweet grandmother Mikma this month. It has been very sad to know that she is gone, and that she was just months away from being a Great Grandmother. Mikma was sharp and smart and completely oriented until the last days of her life, so she was fully aware that Anna was on her way. She loved the name Anna, as she used the same member of our family tree to name her own daughter Anne (mom.)

I felt a real sense of the circle of life, as I never have before, when we gave one beautiful generation of life back to the Lord, as the newest generation was safely growing within me. I would have loved to see Anna snuggled up in her great grandmother's arms, but I have no doubt that Anna will know Mikma; not only through the stories and pictures left behind, but in the legacy that continues through consecutive generations, especially in Grandmother Anne (GrAnne.) GrAnne will surely teach Anna the ways of faith, hope, and love, and "the greatest of these is love."

We miss you, Mikma, but you are in our memories and in our hearts. Your legacy will live on for generations to come.

4 comments:

EA said...

Hopefully Anna will get Mikma's musical talents and she can be our little singer and piano player!! Mom can teach her!! Love, Em

Anne said...

This is so dear, MK and Ross. I am truly touched and hopeful like you that the legacy of talent put to work for faith will live on, not only in our hearts that feel so tender right now, but in our children and children's children, Thanks for posting this. Love,
Granne

Emily M said...

Hey MK - Your post about Mikma was so sweet, my dad shared the link with me. Your whole blog is so cute and such a great idea. We cant wait to see you guys again in July and especially cant wait to meet Anna!! Love, Em M.

Julie said...

I have no doubt that Granne will have Anna singing and playing the piano in no time. I'm so thankful she has those gifts to pass to our children, starting with sweet Anna. Mikma will be so pleased. Let's just hope she can carry a tune better than her Aunt Julie. :) Love yall lots, Jules