Saturday, June 12, 2010

Darby Elisabeth is here! (OK, 9 weeks ago!)






Well, my hands are obviously very full, and my blog has been completely neglected. Darby is here and she is just fabulous. She arrived April 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM via scheduled c-section, weighing 8 lbs and 15 oz. She beat her sister! She sure felt big, and I was relieved when I heard that she indeed was a big girl! We brought her home to the Kesters while the final touches were completed on our renovation. It was wonderful having the help of Ross's parents, so that I could recover from surgery and spend some precious hours with my sweet new baby.

So, our renovations are complete, and our family is too. Darby is already nine weeks, and they have really flown. She is smiling and "coo"ing and winning us over. She is such a wonderful addition to our family, and I can't wait until the days when Anna and Darby are playing together. Motherhood is pretty exhausting these days, and fatherhood must be even more so, juggling work and family too. I would take the long way home if I were him! Ross is in love with his girls...I'm sure boys would be great too, but these girls sure are sweet! Maybe someone will give my dad a grandson, but I don't think it will be me! He's surrounded by women, 6 of us now, bless his heart!

We head to the beach in two weeks, thank goodness, for some R and R and some good family time. I am counting down the days. I can't wait to watch Anna play in the sand, while rocking my baby in my arms...and maybe a cold beverage or two. God has been very good to me. I have to remind myself of all of my blessings, especially the gift of sisterhood; not only the sisterhood that I am deeply a part of, but the sisterhood that has only just begun for my girls. God, they are lucky.

1 comment:

Em said...

You did a great job of summing up the last 9 weeks...your 2 girls are truly gifts to all of us. And they are so blessed to have such a good Mommy and Daddy. Love you all so much and can't wait for the beach! Cold beverages indeed!!!! Aunt E